Aug 4, 2009

A Phone Call And HSBC Waived My Late Fee

I could not imagine a late credit card payment, but nothing is impossible as they say. And when I was enjoying in Albany, NY with friends I forgot my due date was also passing-by, the next day I check my HSBC credit card account and I see a $20 late penalty. Believe me I am not that irresponsible, get this: my statement balance was $3 and I was just 1 day late. Well yeah I know thier policy is policy so they had to charge me but somewhere inside I wasn't comfortable with this whopping $20 fee for a mere $3 just a day past due and this was my first default in last three years.

I discussed this with a friend and came to know that I can get this fee waived if I call HSBC customer care and request them to consider my situation. Thus I did so, I called the HSBC customer center same day:

I said: "Hey as you can see from my account details, I am charged $20 for being a day late for payment on my card. I have been with HSBC for last three years and never missed a single payment, is there a chance to revert the late fee?"


While I anticipated a little negotiation, this is what I heard next:


The Customer Rep. replied: "We thank you for being a wonderful customer for three years. I have initiated the credit and you will see the $20 off of your account in the next few days."


Oooo man that was simple, wasn't it? Just a phone call and I saved $20 ;)

1 comment:

  1. This is why silver clasps are widely preferred since its shiny nature enhances
    the appearance from the jewelry. The trend of collecting personalized charms
    that mark milestones and occasions became popular in America round the
    mid 20th century. Celtic Jewelry Pendants are
    not only pristine, they provide a great bit of gift giving glory
    that may not be matched by much else out there.

    Also visit my site: jewelry :: :
    :

    ReplyDelete